Love the idea of an aquarium but not sure where to start or worried that you’ll find the maintenance a chore? If you’re in Herts, Beds or Bucks get in touch and find out how we can help set up the aquarium you’ve always wanted or help out with maintenance.
Perfect Aquarium Setup
- We’ll install your tank in your preferred location, aquascape it using a variety of rocks and plants and fill it with high quality water. We work with freshwater & saltwater systems.
- We use reverse osmosis filtered water (R/O) with very low Total Dissolved Solids to ensure the highest quality of water. With salt water set-ups we mix a high grade of salt into the R/O water.
- We’ll install and set-up your Filtration systems, protein skimmers and UV sterilisers.
- We carefully introduce and acclimatise all Livestock gradually so that the fish and invertebrates are stressed as little as possible.
- We can also relocate your aquarium, there are some size restrictions so please email us with a brief idea of what you need or call and ask to speak to Pete.
Perfect Aquarium On-going Maintenance
- Algae growth caused by extra light or nitrates in the water is a constant nuisance for all aquarium owners especially if it starts to get out of hand. We’ll remove this build-up for you.
- The best way to keep your aquarium in top order is regularly change the water to dilute any pollutants that have had a chance to build up. We change just the right proportion of the water each time we call. We can leave you with any extra water you need at the same time.
- We’ll check the filter cartridges and change them if they need it.
- We’ll clean out waste from the gravel at the bottom of the tank while we are changing the water. This is very important for all living things in your aquarium because it gets rid of debris that often holds nitrate, phosphate and possibly parasites.
- Finally we’ll thoroughly test the water quality and add any treatments that are needed to bring the water up to the best quality.
- We are always happy to answer questions and give advice if you have had any problems with your aquarium or if you are just keen to learn from our experts.